HEAD OF CHEMICAL LABORATORY [JOHOR BAHRU]
Specialisation: Engineering – Chemical
Education Qualification: Bachelor Degree
Work Location : Pasir Gudang, Johor
Salary Range : RM 0.00 – 0.00
Posted Date : May 16, 2023
- General management of Chemical laboratory staff in subordination.
- Develops and draws up plans for the daily activities of subordinate employees, monitors their performance.
- Ensures the development of job descriptions, their availability and the timely introduction of changes to job descriptions of subordinate employees (if necessary).
- Suspends from work (does not allow to work) subordinate workers:
- those who appear at work in a state of alcoholic, drug or other type of intoxication;
- who have not undergone training and assessment of knowledge and skills in the prescribed manner;
- in other cases as stated in the labor laws, rules and regulations.
- Conducts internal trainings (trainings), and participates in assessment procedures for subordinate personnel to improve their professional knowledge and competencies.
- Ensures safe working conditions for subordinate personnel.
- Controls compliance by personnel with labor discipline and the requirements of local regulations.
- Introduces subordinate employees with documents (amendments to them) that regulate their activities.
- Communicates the policy, goals and objectives in the field of the integrated management system to his subordinates.
- Organizes process quality control, quality control of raw materials and end products, control of waste water.
- Assists in implementation in the Company of the results of scientific research and experimental works.
- Participates in development and implementation of new methods of measurement and assessment of the quality of the manufactured products, new control methods in the sphere of industrial sanitary, safety rules and environmental protection.
- Ensures the execution of documents based on the results of the quality control, and input of the quality control results into ERP system.
- Participates in investigation of causes leading to nonconforming products and development of preventive and remedial measures.
- Prepares propositions for operational control improvement for labor costs reduction and reduction of material resources used for it.
- Performs analyses of chemical composition of aqueous solutions, petroleum products, auxiliary materials, acids, salts and others in strict accordance with standard technical documentation, approved manuals and test methods.
- Must be actively involved in the Company’s Integrated management system implementation and improvement within one’s job scope, in line with the procedures and requirements of the said Integrated management system ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, IATF 16949
- Must undergo trainings, attend courses and obtain certification necessary to fulfill the employee’s qualification requirements.
Bachelor Degree in Science / Chemistry / Chemical Engineering or its equivalent, and relevant hands-on experience in chemical laboratory of at least 3 years; or
Diploma in Science / Chemistry / Chemical Engineering or its equivalent, and relevant hands-on experience in chemical laboratory of at least 6 years.
AGE : 30-50
Skills, knowledge, experience
- Knowledge of basic industrial safety requirements for work in laboratory
- systems, methods and means of technical quality control;
- standards, regulations and specifications for relevant products;
- the procedure and rules for quality control of products (methods of performing measurements/analysis/tests) and its acceptance;
- the procedure for filing and considering claims for product quality
- knowledge and experience in performing basic laboratory tasks, such as preparation of solutions, titration, determination of quality and concentration of reagents, etc;
- solid knowledge of ways to express the solution concentrations, and ability to calculate them;
- knowledge of corrosive liquid handling principles;
- knowledge of thermal equipment handling principles;
- experience in assembling laboratory set-ups by existing drawings;
- knowledge of designations, rules and principles of operation of laboratory equipment, measurement instrumentation and laboratory glassware;
- knowledge of sampling practices;
- understanding of Lab accreditation principles;
- minimum 5 years of working experience in industrial chemical laboratory;
- experienced user in MS Word / Excel / Outlook / Power Point
Foreign languages: English, Malay
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
2. Demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving capabilities
Kindly contact Mr Edwin +6012 692 5453 or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org