Notice Under the Malaysia Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)
The Personal Data Protection Act (hereinafter referred to as “the Act”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to Agensi Pekerjaan CityRecruit Sdn. Bhd. (collectively referred to as “our”, “us” or “we”). For the purposes of this Notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the same meaning as prescribed in the Act.
This written notice serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by us or on our behalf.
The personal data processed by us may include without limitation your name, NRIC No., passport number, contact details such as telephone number, correspondence address and e-mail address, photograph, medical report, mental health, next of kin, employers, banking account and other personal and sensitive information.
We are processing your personal data, including any additional information you may subsequently provide, for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- establishing and maintaining staffing / placement relationship with you.
- assessing your suitability for the position or task, to notify you of relevant opportunities, and arrange employment or assignments for you;
- performing your contract and such other contracts as you may have entered with us or which your employer may have entered with us;
- issuing you documentation relevant to the supply contract between us;
- managing and administering our records;
- facilitating or enabling any checks that we conduct or by any third party on you from time to time;
- assisting any government agencies or bureaus or bodies including for the purposes of police or regulatory investigations;
- facilitating your compliance with any laws or regulations applicable to you;
- communicating with you and responding to your enquiries;
conducting our internal activities, internal market surveys and trend analysis; or such other purposes as may be related to the foregoing.
Your personal data is and will be collected from you and/or from the information you have provided in your emails, all application / registration forms, information that you may provide us from time to time via oral communications and written communications and information provided by your or such other third parties such as credit search provider and our business partners.
Your personal data may be disclosed to parties such as but not limited to our related corporations, banks, auditors, governmental departments and / or agencies, regulatory and / or statutory bodies, credit check companies, business partners, service providers and any such third party requested or authorized by you for any of the above Purposes or any other purpose for which your personal data was to be disclosed at the time of its collection or any other purpose directly related to any of the above Purposes. Your personal data may be transferred to a place outside Malaysia for the Purposes above.
If you fail to supply to us the above personal data or subsequently withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data, we may not be able to process your personal data for any of the above Purposes.
You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data you provide us is accurate, complete and not misleading and that such personal data is kept up to date.
You may access and request for updating and correction of your personal data and to contact us with any enquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data as follows:-