PLANT PROJECT ENGINEER
Specialisation: Engineering – Electronics/Communication
Education Qualification: Bachelor Degree
Work Location : Pasir Gudang, Johor
Salary Range : RM 6,000.00 – 8,000.00
Posted Date : April 11, 2023
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Project Engineering – Complete project management of capital & improvement projects from initial scope to final implementation and acceptance. Appraise, lead, motivate, coach and develop the project team in accordance with the Knauf values so that they maintain the plant to deliver the target operating efficiencies.
- Manage the Capex budget for the site including documenting and submission of Capex requests. Submission of monthly Capex plan reports detailing current budget status and year end plan.
- Prepare scope of work and specifications for projects and agree scope with stakeholders with clearly defined project outputs, internal support requirements, costs and timelines.
- Ensure system owners are fully involved in all projects within their areas of plant. Whilst projects are in process ensure any relevant communication is added to the daily engineering report.
- Ownership of the plant equipment acceptance process. Develop and carry out a formalised safety, quality and reliability acceptance of new or modified equipment both at supplier’s premises where required and on-site. Ensure snag lists are generated and all actions closed to an agreed standard prior to full handover of equipment.
- Lead the training process for all equipment installations and modifications to ensure all production and maintenance teams are trained to agreed standards with sign offs achieved for all personnel trained recorded in the Engineering file.
- Prepare a spare parts listing for all new or modified equipment with all agreed spares setup up as stores stock items with correct reorder levels and ABC classifications set. Where possible spare parts should be onsite prior to handover of the project.
- Management of contract personnel throughout the project whilst on site ensuring all contractor management requirements are adhered to.
- One Team approach, support the maintenance team during difficult times to help maximise plant availability
- Manage project expenditure in order that agreed solutions are delivered within budget.
- Plant lead for major projects lead from central engineering (Rebuilds etc)
- Safety & Compliance – Apply, and ensure compliance, with the Company’s Health & Safety and Environmental Policy and Procedures by contractors so that a safe and secure environment is maintained. Ensure KI contractor policies are adhered to by all parties involved in work under project control.
- Budget Control – Manage Capex, Major Maintenance and approved improvement budget expenditure in order that yearly budgets are not exceeded. Negotiate best costs for all work below purchasing scope of involvement. Promote competition amongst vendors by introducing new suppliers. Reduce sudden high costs by forward planning of key spend items for CAPEX planning. Perform annual obscelence proposal for major maintenance / capex submissions.
- Continuous Improvement / Values – Leader of the CI Ideas process. Support implementation of the CI Framework, continually improve the performance of the maintenance team in in line with the strategic plan in order to attain world class maintenance standards. Actively engage in plant CI activities. Daily demonstration of the KI values whilst striving to be a role model. To act as the liaison between the Projects team ensuring equipment (new or modified) are handed over to the engineering team when “buy off criteria” is reached. Ensure clear project team exit criteria is agreed.
- Equipment Control Systems – Good knowledge of all site systems, Foxboro DCS, AB PLC’s, Siemens/ABB/AB VSD’s.
- PLC’s – Able to undertake modifications to the various processors on site, Control Logix, Compact Logix, MicroLogix & SLC to provide onsite assistance to implement small improvement ideas.
- Networks – Knowledge of the site standard networks (DH+ / ControlNet / RIO / DeviceNet / Ethernet)
- Drive systems – Knowledge of ABB/AB/Siemens variable speed drives.
- Physical Infrastructure – Support the Maintenance Leader in keeping the Site, buildings and fabric, physical infrastructure and Manufacturing and Assembly assets and equipment, in a well maintained and safe condition.
- Documentation – Owner of the site engineering documentation process. Ensure site documentation is maintained properly. Ensure all documentation modifications transferred to the KI Extranet drawing system. Provide technical folders for all new projects. Define and Maintain an acceptance package for all new / modified installations.
- Liaise with KI staffs for any defects/improvement/preventive/corrective jobs.
- Liaise with suppliers/contractors/consultant/authorities. (sourcing/evaluation/job execution)
- Ensure all staffs/contractors are complied with KI’s safety policy / regulations / procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- The candidate should possess a degree in Electronic/Electrical/Mechanical/Industrial Automation/Control Engineering with minimum 5 years of working experience in related field is required.
- A strong technical knowledge of PLC’s, Drives, Networks & Mechanics.
- Candidate with a Diploma in Electronic/Electrical, Industrial/Automation/Control Engineering from a reputable institution with 8 years of working experience will be considered.
- Highly tuned people management skills along with strong communication skills. Solid problem-solving abilities. Good leadership and self-motivated with the ability to work on an independent basis. Use of persuasive skills rather than traditional positional authority to resolve cross functional problems
- Experienced in the application of Health & Safety procedures with an understanding of the principles of Employment and Safety at Work Legislation, NIOSH, DOSH & DOE regulations.
- Demonstrable achievements in Continuous Improvement, Change Management disciplines, tools and techniques and evident motivation to impart these to others.
- Use of a leadership style that creates confidence and commitment across a range of work groups rather than simply with own department.
- Flexible in terms of break & finish times to suit the needs of the business.
- Flexible to carry out any task as requested within their capability (training, competence)
- Data driven & Result focused.
- Proactive mind-set and good planning skills.
- Language: Able to communicate fluently in English. Any other language is a plus.
- Independent, organized, proactive.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team, work within deadlines.
- Having the ability to create and maintain a positive relationship.
- To be assertive and have self-confidence in presenting and supporting conclusions, having communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize work (different projects and technologies)
- Ability to be a creative thinker; search solutions and simplify the situation.
Interested candidate can email to: email@example.com or whatsapp to 012-5265453