DEPUTY MANAGER – TRADE COMPLIANCE AND PROCESS EXCELLENCE (ISKANDAR PUTERI, JOHOR)
This position is responsible to manage trade compliance & process excellence for logistics function at an integrated Insulin manufacturing site. Incumbent would need to coordinate with customs and other authorities for routine clearance of shipments, compliance documentation, MIDA duty exemptions, mandatory filings and reporting to government authorities as per local laws, coordinate for duty draw backs, manage internal and external compliance audits. This role would be primary point of contact to work with the Global Center of Excellence team for network and route optimization, develop alternate packaging solutions for cold chain shipments, review and refine standard operating procedures and ensure overall adherence to GDP practices.
- Maintain documents, reports related to customs and other government authorities as per local laws
- Prepare and file periodic customs reports as per timelines defined by authorities
- Update customs tariff information in internal systems.
- Prepare and maintain documents related to duty exemptions
- Report and advise managements on compliance matters
- Provide timely and accurate clearance instruction to forwarder to minimize delays in clearance of shipments.
- Maintain communication with Customs authorities and ensure compliance to applicable laws on all matters related to shipments
- Collaborate with cross functional teams for qualifying and validating new shipping routes and packaging solutions
- Analyze and report data for duty saving, OTC, custom reporting.
- Report progress of process improvement projects.