QUALITY SUPERVISOR/ ENGINEER [NUSAJAYA]
The Quality Supervisor or Assistant Engineer evaluates and drives quality and continuous improvement activities under the supervision of the Site Quality Leadership. This includes but is not limited to the site Quality Control plans, testing protocols and the optimization of processes. Assists with the implementation of corporate and site Lean Manufacturing goals and strategies for improving the operations and processes within the organization. Employs Lean methodologies and tools to accomplish business objectives. This position reports to the site Quality Manager in coordination with Site leadership and Director of Quality.
• Perform and record inspection of incoming, outgoing, reworked, and customer items according to procedures, customer’s specifications and requirements, including FAI parts. Raise report when necessary.
• Control, manage and maintain customer returns, supplier returns.
• Partner and engage with operations/engineering teams facilitate and drive robust RCA in order to reduce workmanship/WIP losses, rework and turnback, and improve first pass yield, delivery performance and cost of quality.
• Track and monitor quality metrics (First Pass Yield, Non-conformance, customer complaints, scrap cost, in-process and final inspection) and perform trend analysis to identify systematic improvement opportunities.
• Drive engagement and training of inspectors to ensure disposition and inspection.
• Act as focal point for all quality matters and clarification for the operations in the plant.
• Support internal audits and perform CAR verifications.
• Prepare test procedure whenever required.
• Perform assembly, testing and packing as per procedure/documentation whenever needed.
• Control, manage and maintain calibration tools and equipment.
• Implement QMS procedure, work instructions and other quality related duties/documents.
• Drive Continuous process improvement philosophies across the manufacturing site.
• Drive and promote Statistical concepts in the manufacturing site.
• Ability to read and interpret specification, Engineering Drawings and Acceptance Criteria.
• Observe all safety procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and perform all job responsibilities in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
• Perform any other supporting duties assigned.
• A bachelor's degree in Quality Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering or any Engineering discipline or Diploma in any Engineering discipline 3 – 5 years of working experience in a low to high volume mix manufacturing environment.
• Lean certification (Minimum Green Belt) through an accredited organization or equivalent is advantages.
• 3 to 5 years of related experience in Manufacturing with exposure to Lean Manufacturing principles (kaizen events, 5S, problem-solving and value stream mapping).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and efficiently
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
• Dependability and ability to work well with others
• No travel required for this job
Kindly contact the Mr Hanafi at +60 19-785 1503 for further details or send your resume to [ firstname.lastname@example.org ]