ASSISTANT HSE MANAGER [ GELANG PATAH, JOHOR ]
Specialisation: Others/Category not available
Education Qualification: Bachelor Degree
Work Location : Gelang Patah, Johor
Salary Range : RM 7,500.00 – 8,500.00
Posted Date : November 26, 2019
- The Safety Executive oversees environmental, health & safety (EH&S) for the overall plant.
- Focus of the position is to develop and lead the execution of the Safety strategy with the goal of eliminating workplace injuries/illnesses, reducing work related injury costs, and complying with all safety and health laws and regulations.
- In addition, this role will lead safety best practice sharing and standardization.
- The position’s focus is on building an immediate and sustainable safety environment for our food production plants.
- Oversee safety and continuous improvement initiatives throughout the plant.
- Provide leadership and administration to the safety and security program by developing and driving execution of plans.
- Insure facilities are compliant with all OSHA, all federal and state/local food safely guidelines and requirements, and Company safety standards.
- Develop safety and security performance standards, methods of accomplishing those standards, and reporting processes for ensure compliance.
- Understand relevant technical requirements in safety, including Federal, State and local ordinances and rules. Ensures standards meet or exceed both company and governmental regulations.
- Drive training and coaching to insure Safety and Security standards and awareness are well understood throughout the organization.
- Create and then ensure all appropriate risk assessments/abatements are conducted and follow-ups are implemented in a timely fashion.
- Champion all safety improvements and ideas for the plant.
- Provide leadership and direction to in regards to safety and security.
- Manage team for continuous improvement and professional growth to build organizational capability.
- Any other duties as required and assigned by the Management.
- Ensure safety , 5S , and Good Manufacturing Practices.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety and Health or a related field required.
- Must have at least 5 plus years’ experience in Safety. Experiences – handling safety related with project
- Green Book is required.
- Food/beverage manufacturing background required. Dairy background highly preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of OSHA 1994, FMA 1967 and EQA 1974 standard and requirements.
- Knowledge of risk assessment and management techniques in identification of key facility improvement opportunities.
- Ability to understand ISO certification requirements and create and manage programs that achieve and maintain certification.
- Certification in safety management (i.e. NIOSH) preferred.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to influence.
- Ability to mentor and develop teams.