HR DIRECTOR/ HR GM/ HR SENIOR MANAGER [ MANUFACTURER / TAMPOI ]
Kindly contact the following consultant at 07-2305453 for further details or send your resume to Talent Resource Unit [ email@example.com ] / Ms Suziana [ firstname.lastname@example.org ]
This is an exciting HR partner opportunity for an experienced HR professional to further their career in a fast paced and dynamic multinational environment. Our site in Johor Bahru of nearly 10,000 employees, is on a journey of transformational change and this role will support the site in all aspects of HR.
Employee Relations and Culture
- Provide expert coaching and ongoing HR guidance to Managers and Employees in all employee relations issues to enable a high performing and positive working culture
- Provide support and guidance to managers to ensure teams have effective goals and meet a high standard of performance
- Champion Employee engagement activities in the site – building Employer brand internally and externally though social media, Sharepoint Portal, company Intranet
- Manage the ongoing implementation and adherence to HR policies and procedures in line with Malaysian regulations and the employee/manager procedures handbooks.
- Support employees on global mobility opportunities, and process for existing and newly hired talent from outside Malaysia.
- Build employee relations by hosting “round table” feedback sessions for regular “flash” feedback on ways of working
- Champion ways of working in Continuous Excellence by supporting in daily huddles, Weekly Operational Review, Monthly Operational Review etc.
Recruitment & Selection
- Work with the Recruitment Centre Of Excellence and hiring managers to hire the right people every time – including support on job descriptions, cohosting interviews, working with the candidate post offer, to ensure a smooth hiring/onboarding process.
- Develop enhanced, function specific onboarding plans at all levels to reduce "time to effectiveness" period for new hires
- Build relationships with critical future pipeline sources – local and national universities and colleges
- Ensure consistent implementation of contracts of employment and employee terms and conditions
Employee and Leadership Development
- Champion the use of mySuccess (Successfactors) for employees in building performance goals for the year, development goals and regular use of Talent and Succession.
- Sustain and manage the competency framework within relevant business functions for employee and manager assessments and development/delivery on Individual Development Plans based on gap analysis of the same.
- Work with the HR Manager to develop new competency frameworks for additional functions
- Ensure that training needs are identified, appropriate training delivered, evaluated and future action plans developed and agreed.
- Work with internal and external learning resources to develop strong relationships
Compensations and Benefits
- Work with the Rewards Centre of Excellence to ensure competitive and consistent reward recommendations
- Develop and maintain Recognition programmers’ for the site
- Talent Management: Liaise with Functional teams to generate Talent Reviews across each Function on a regular basis.
- Constructively challenge business requests to ensure the right decisions are made for company.
HR Projects/ General
- Change Management Support on transitions and other projects
- Support the site on various global initiatives, such as competency frameworks, system deployments, annual reward projects, training agenda’s.
- Provide HR analytics for the site to highlight trends and issues
- Deliver Training for the site as required
- Graduate / Post-graduate Degree with Human Resources Specializations
Required Business Experience
- Proven track record in delivering "value-added HR" in a complex and high performing environment
- At least 7 years' HR experience, including experience at a senior partnership level in a Matrix environment
- Stakeholder management: solid network with functional area and region
- Experience in running HR projects
- Experience in Supporting and managing change
- Good understanding of HR best practices ideally with an appreciation of Shared Services environments and their culture
- Understand how to build a network and communicate effectively across different levels
- Understanding of Business Process Design, optimization, DMAIC, Lean would be an advantage
- Project Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Change Management & Communication
- Coaching skills
- Analytical & problem-solving skills
- Customer-oriented with excellent customer service skills
- Communication skills both spoken and written
- Strong decision making and judgement skills
- Advanced language and communication skills in English
- Ability to communicate in one or more local languages i.e. Bahasa Melayu, Mandarin, Tamil etc. will be an advantage
- Hands-on driver and team player
- Honest, open and candid with high personal integrity
- Credibility with Business Partners and able to build strong professional relationship
- Drive: getting things done, deliver what is promised
- Respect for various cultures
- Able to work effectively in a complex (matrix) environment
- Attention to detail
- Efficient and focused
- Aspiration to lead and a passion for people