SITE SAFETY SUPERVISOR (SSS) [YELLOW BOOK]
Specialisation: Engineering – Civil/Construction/Structural
Education Qualification: Bachelor Degree
Post Graduate Diploma
Post Graduate Diploma
Work Location : Pasir Gudang, Johor
Salary Range : RM 7,000.00 – 8,000.00
Posted Date : July 09, 2018
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB FUNCTION:
Assist the Project SHE Manager to maintain the SHE management system
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES:
- High School diploma.
- SSS qualification .
- Valid “yellow book”.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- At least 3 years experience as SSS.
- Construction work-environment.
- SHE administration.
- Knowledge required:
- SHE management .
- Extensive knowledge of the local OSH Act and all relevant regulations.
- SHE procedures.
- Competencies & Skills:
- Attention to detail .
- Must be able to communicate in English, Chinese and the most common local language.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Ability to organise and prioritise work.
- Ability to work independently.
- Professional demeanour and approach to work.
- Time management (must be able to work to deadlines).
- Must be willing to work extended hours if required to do so.
DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to…)
- Assist with the maintaining of the SHE management system at the project.
- Assist the SHE administrator where / when required.
- Assist the SH Officer where / when required.
- Assist the SHE Manager where / when required.
- Helping the contractors to physically meet the project SHE requirements.
- Continuous site inspections to point out deviations to contractors, and to ensure compliance with the SHE specifications.
- Spot checks such as:
- Checking that all contractors’ employees are inducted.
- Check that SMI boards are up to date, and relevant documentation are displayed.
- Checking that all equipment checks are done daily, weekly and monthly.
- Ensuring all registers and logs are up to date.
- Ensuring that daily safe task instructions are communicated.
- Ensuring that planned task observations are done.
- Ensuring that all SMI (Safety Management Information) boards are up to standard.
- Ensuring all permits are valid and up to date.
- Inspections of equipment, PPE, tools, facilities, etc.
- Checking that RA’s are communicated.
- Checking that DSTI’s are done, and are done correctly and communicated.
- Communicating SHE issues to the different contractors’ SHE supervisors.
- Inspecting the fire extinguishers in the Metix offices area.
- Acquiring the relevant MSDS / CSDS’s for chemicals used.
- Writing of SHE deviation reports, and communicating these deviations to the contractors.
- Follow up on deviations reported and actions taken.
- Inspecting of contractors’ facilities to ensure compliance with the OSH act and regulations.
- Assisting (where necessary) contractors and the SH Officer with incident investigations.
- Attend the daily and monthly site safety meetings, and give input as / if required.
- Communicate changes in SHE specifications to the contractors (if relevant).
- Identify unsafe acts, conditions, and hazards on site and report such findings to the contractors, SH Officer and SHE Manager.
- Any other lawful instructions from the Project Construction Manager or the Project SHE Manager.
- Managing the Metix PPE. (inspect, maintain, log, registers, checklists, etc.)
- Vehicle inspections.
- Permit issue.