Responsible for designing scanning systems using X-ray and variation detection techniques and involving cost reduction projects thru mechanical design.
RESPONSIBILITIES & GOALS:
- Create solid models, detailed part drawings, assembly drawings, Bills of Materials, and specification documents within the published schedule.
- Engineering changes by proper ECO procedures.
- Work with team members of other Engineering disciplines (i.e., Electrical, Software, Operation & Service) to resolve problems.
- Work with installation site engineers (or) Program Managers to define facility requirements and site layouts for machine installation.
- Work with suppliers and buyers to coordinate procurement of parts for engineering prototypes and first article production units.
- Assist in assembling, installing, and testing systems in production floor and various site locations worldwide. Occasional travel will be associated with this position.
- Uphold the Company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every Rapiscan Systems employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the Company business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical engineering preferred.
- Required language(s): Bahasa Malaysia, English.
- 3+ years of experience in Mechanical engineering design in mechanical design; product design utilizing sheet metal, welded structures, and machined parts highly desirable.
- Experience in designing mechanisms utilizing common mechanical components such as gears, motors, bearings, plastic parts, sprockets, chains.
- Experience in designing enclosures in support of mounting Electrical/ Electronic hardware and cable routing.
- Proficient in design with Autodesk Inventor, Solid works & AutoCAD experience is highly desirable.
- Thorough understanding of ASME Y14.5 drawing standard and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
- Should be fluent in creating CAD drawings for fabrication and assembly.
- Able to demonstrate practical experiences in design for manufacturing, design for testing, or design for reliability.
- Adequate Knowledge in product development life cycle management (Production Transfer).
- Ability to use FEA software structural analysis will be added advantage.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to write technical reports (e.g., Test report, Work Instruction, etc.)
Kindly contact the Mr Hanafi at +60 19-785 1503 for further details or send your resume to [ email@example.com ]