DEPUTY MANAGER – OUTBOUND LEAD (ISKANDAR PUTERI, JOHOR)
Post Graduate Diploma
This position is responsible to manage end-to-end outbound logistics for an integrated Insulin manufacturing site with exports to over 20 countries. The incumbent would need to develop reliable cold chain shipment routes and ensure adherence to GDP practices applied to movement of temperature sensitive product to different parts of the world. This role would also be responsible for tracking and maintaining outbound logistics spend in line with the budget.
- Negotiate with forwarder for cost of freight, trade lanes and transit lead times.
- Communicate with stakeholders for shipment planning, booking, custom clearance and arrival at destination.
- Ensure timely resolution of shipping incidents related to temperature excursions
- Maintain communication with Customs authorities and ensure compliance to applicable laws on matters related to exports and submission of documentation
- Recommend process improvement solutions related to outbound logistics for enhancing operational performance.
- Extend support and collaborate with cross functional teams for qualifying and validating new shipping routes and packaging solutions
- Establish rate contracts for shipping lanes
Analyse and report data for outbound performance on a monthly basis, identify new process improvement projects