COST ACCOUNTANT (GELANG PATAH, JOHOR)
Specialisation: Finance – General/Cost Accounting
Education Qualification: Bachelor Degree
Work Location : Gelang Patah, Johor
Salary Range : RM 6,000.00 – 11,000.00
Posted Date : February 22, 2023
- Assist HQ Finance team in implementing inventory costing in SAP.
- Maintain standard costing of finished goods, primary raw materials, and BOM in the SAP.
- Validate the Cost of Goods Sold, Materials Cost and Profit Margin as part of the monthly financial report.
- Calculate overhead costs and allocate them to the finished product as required by generally accepted accounting principles.
- Analyze COGS variance GL and Review inventory valuations in the monthly financial report.
- To ensure timely month-end closing reports and quarterly budget on time.
- Produce monthly cost management report accounts.
- Prepare and present a monthly review of cost trends and other cost analyses.
- Prepare ongoing analysis of data and reports, identify issues, and recommend improvement on purchasing, warehousing, production and financial processes in line with the best SAP process.
- Play an active role in costing new products.
- Identify and monitor slow-moving inventories.
- Reconcile and investigate any discrepancies in physical stock-take.
- Review product costing and recommend selling price to management.
- Candidate must possess a bachelor's degree or higher qualification in Accounting/Finance, ACCA, CIMA or CPA fully qualified.
- Candidates must have strong cost accounting background as a cost accountant and have at least five years (5) of working experience, preferably in an electronic component manufacturing environment.
- Must have the knowledge and hands-on experience on BOM of electronic components manufacturing, Standard Costing, Moving Average Costing and ABC costing and know how to set up a proper driver or multiple drivers to allocate labour cost and factory overheads to the finished products.
- Proficient in using ERP systems (SAP or SAP Business ByDesign), ERP system implantation experience is an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, independence and ability to meet short deadlines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with a strong interest in working in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Able to work under pressure and able to perform in a complex environment.
- Ad-hoc tasks are required from time to time.
Applicants must be willing to work in Gelang Patah, Johor, Malaysia
Kindly contact Ms Rachel at +6019-772 2619 for further details or send your resume to [ firstname.lastname@example.org ]