SUSTAINABILITY ENGINEER [ PASIR GUDANG ]
The main purpose of the Plant Sustainability Engineer is to ensure that resources are managed in a way that does not compromise the environment or deplete the materials for future generations. This requires taking a lead role within the Process and Quality Team in delivering sustainable and low energy / low carbon projects in the manufacturing facility. The role demands an understanding of engineering in relation to reuse, remanufacturing, recycling, energy monitoring & targeting, energy efficiency measures and the effects of carbon emissions and how to reduce them.
There is an essential requirement to support the delivery of Knauf Insulation’s sustainability objectives by raising internal awareness to the challenges and opportunities in Plant sustainability and analysing data, producing reports regarding, waste reduction, energy efficiency measures and investigating and developing proposals on further energy and carbon saving ideas.
- Undertake site surveys highlighting energy performance improvement opportunities through good engineering practices.
- Providing strategic low-energy and low carbon design advice
- Liaising with key internal stakeholders (both in the manufacturing plant and the wider Knauf Insulation Group) to help deliver Knauf Insulation’s sustainability strategies.
- Identifying sustainability risks and appropriate mitigation measures and highlighting any opportunities to improve the Plant’s sustainability performance.
- Assist in conducting energy efficiency and carbon intensity assessments and audits to provide design advice, determine the potential savings, cost and simple payback for each measure using available software, modelling tools and specialist information.
- Assist in producing Plant Sustainability Roadmaps and contribute narrative on each of the measures including graphs, diagrams, and photographs for insertion into any project deliverable as required by the Industrial Sustainability Director or the Plant Manager.
- Regular reporting of key performance indicators relating to sustainability including those relating waste and the circular economy, energy efficiency and carbon intensity
- Responsible for the Plant’s EU ETS (or UK ETS) compliance and reporting (where appropriate).
- Responsible for the implementation of the Knauf Insulation Management System requirements relating to Energy Management and the associated reporting required.
- Monitoring the design and installation process to ensure that the sustainability objectives are being adequately considered and that the project will meet them.
- Assist in preparing low and zero-carbon technology feasibility studies to form part of central funding (CAPEX), and where necessary, planning and permitting approval applications.
- A range of additional ad hoc duties to support the wider team
Qualifications and experience required
- A degree qualification (or equivalent level) in a sustainable, environmental, or engineering subject and able to demonstrate excellent technical abilities, analytical thinking, and good problem-solving skills.
- A Six-Sigma qualification (or similar) ideally at Green-belt level or above would be considered an advantage.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Understanding of the requirements of the ISO50001 Energy Management Standard.
- Familiarity of the EU ETS (or UK ETS) requirements (where appropriate).
- Knowledge of monitoring, targeting and verification techniques.
- Strong technical engineering knowledge
- Strong Process knowledge
- Good understanding of low-carbon and energy efficiency solutions
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and equipment
- Knowledge of monitoring, targeting and verification together with an understanding of life cycle assessment and circular economy.
- Languages: Fluent in the local language of the Plant with English (the corporate language of Knauf Insulation) to ensure effective communication with the wider Knauf
- Insulation Group. Other languages would be considered an advantage but would not be essential.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written communication and strong ability with technical reports.
- High level of passion regarding sustainability improvement.
- Strong analytical, rigorous approach to data and KPIs
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Superior organisational skills and ability to deal with multiple projects at the same time.
- Proficient in Microsoft software packages (Word, Excel etc.)
- Familiarity with process parameter measurement and reporting software (such as OSI-PI).
Kindly contact Mr Hanafi at +60 19-785 1503 for further details or send your resume to [firstname.lastname@example.org ]