PRODUCTION SUPPORT ENGINEER [PASIR GUDANG]
POSITION: Production Support Engineer
Department: Amination & Formulation
Location: Pasir Gudang, Malaysia
Report to: Snr Engineer
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION :
This position will take responsibility to maintain, modify, troubleshoot and upkeep the Delta V system, SCADA,PLC and field instruments as an when needed by the operations and engineering team in order to keep the plant operation in an safe, optimum and productive manner. The role requires life cycle management of the controls systems (not limited to Delta V, SCADA, PLC, instruments) and active participation in daily operational issue and project execution (Capex) that may arise from time to time.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Area expert in DCS Delta V, SCADA,PLC systems.
- Have sound knowledge in field instruments such as Emerson dp transmitters, mass flow meters, level measurement dp transmitters, thermocouples.
- Have sound knowledge in instruments calibration.
- Have experience in project management.
- Have sound knowledge on batch management systems
- Participate actively in resolving day to day operational issue related to system or instrumentation.
- Strive for improving process steps by scrutinizing current process steps and recommend optimum operational process steps.
- Develop, manage and update existing control documentation to assist site for further improvements.
- Initiate and participate in management of change (MOC) in relation to batch operational system , instrumentation or system changes.
- Analyze operational (NCOIR) related to control systems and recommend solutions (short term, mid-term and long term).
- Liaise with relevant department or personal for ensuring the process of new products have adequate recipe, BOM and related documents.
- Take charge of calibration schedules and execution with related vendors for operation team.
- Plan for system and instrumentation preventive maintenance schedule and execute on a timely manner.
- Provide specialist/expert technical input into team project work.
- Benchmark with internal/external industry, identify and recommend ways for cost effectiveness, best practices, new technology for operation improvement.
- Strive for automation in relation process improvement.
- Train and supervise staff on new control systems , new technology, new control steps.
- Actively participant with global optimization team for any discussion, and coordinate/implement team initiative related to control systems.
- Maintain and update PMF section 1.
- Assist the snr eng. on process and plant safety initiatives and evaluate the risk as and when needed (related to A &F).
- Participate and involve in the Safety/Global/PHA Audits for A & F department.
- Participate in PHA review for the site.
- To support Process, Packaging, Maintenance and Engineering team in other activities as requested from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Electrical or Instrument engineering graduate or equivalent with 5 years’ experience.
- Knowledgeable in Delta V DCS and PLC system and capable to understand process control logic and sequence.
- Experience in using SAP system added advantages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical and technical troubleshooting capability on system and field instruments including calibration requirement for the site.
- Demonstrated cross functional collaboration within various department on site.
- Results oriented and ability to do technical reports for presentation to management.
- Leadership experience in production is preferred.
- Computer literate, proficient in using Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of ISO 9000 standard requirements.
Kindly contact Mr Najib for further details at 07-2305453 / 012-764 2870 or forward your resume to [ email@example.com ]