HR GENERALIST [SHOPPING CENTRE]
PURPOSE OF FUNCTION
The overall aim of this position is to lead and support your HR and Centre Management Team to plan, direct and coordinate human resource management activities, to maximise the strategic use of human resource and maintain functions such as employee compensation and benefits, recruitment, personnel policies and regulatory compliance for the Shopping Centre Management co workers. Additionally, also to ensure administrative and information support for all members of the team, company policies and guidelines, functionality of our work environment and uninterrupted operations of the office.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The main purpose of this position is to be a strong contributor to the management team and co-workers, provide HR subject matter expertise, process HR operations matters and ensure that the HR strategies are put into practice in the most effective and efficient way in order to fulfil the purpose of HR functions. Be a strong leader to the Office & HR Admin team, provide Office Management & HR Admin subject matter expertise in delivering transactional HR activities in the most effective and efficient way leading to operational excellence.
Reporting to HR Manager and is responsible for:
- Implement and monitor HR policies, rules, guidelines and strategies, and ensuring compliance to them.
- Support processes and strategy of placement and recruitment of key positions, including mass recruitment efficiency, and communication on hiring, movers and farewell. Support Recruit Right strategy and facilitate posting of job advert, screening and interviews.
- Compile Recruitment KPI and turnover report.
- Handle and coordinate salary processes to include salary review and control process within schedules.
- Maintain accurate HRIS and co-workers’ P-file update.
- Facilitate co-workers Benefits and Compensation initiative and communication.
- Coordinate co-workers’ welfare, employee relation activities, and meetings.
- Monitor budget processes including IR2 and quarterly forecasts and spending on all HR scopes, with cost consciousness in perspective.
- Process and submit purchase order on all HR and admin related, including pantry items and uniforms (if any).
- Timely placement of HR communication and maintenance of HR Notice Board, digital signage and message wall.
- Support Managers in managing co-worker disciplinary matters and ensuring healthier and high performing workplace.
- Support a cleaner and tidier workplace.
Building Business Competence
- Contribute actively in supporting and coordinating Learning & Development activities.
- Support and coordinate on-boarding programme for new recruits with managers
- Support the learning of IKEA Key Values and Code of Ethics and Conducts.
- Contribute towards Management Competence Review Exercise and People Function Review, and ensuring managers are using them as tool and method for success.
- Create an atmosphere where knowledge sharing, internal communication is supported.
- Encourage Co-worker development programmes especially Leadership Programmes for the Managers, and successors.
Leading for Performance
- Support managers in Performance Evaluation and Development processes.
- Actively contribute towards building IKEA tone of voice and culture at workplace.
- Support all functions in VOICE survey, and ensure goals and actions are identified, communicated and followed up. Reinforce and strengthen IKEA Southeast Asia culture in the organisation.
- Support and coordinate co-worker engagement programme.
- Contribute actively in various meetings, including internal and external meeting (eg: HR Network amongst Shopping Centre if any).
- Support work efficiency and synergy/togetherness in matrix organisation.
- Support administrative tasks to keep office conducive as a great place to work.
- Any other assignments as required from time to time.
Develop the Business and Deliver Results
- Focusing on and understanding the customers and their life at home, seeing the big picture as well as the details – both today and tomorrow. Making strategic choices and operational decisions to develop and drive our business to achieve the best possible results – with low cost and simplicity in mind.
Lead and Develop People
- Leading, managing and coaching co-workers, recognising competence and potential, empowering coworkers to perform to the best of their abilities, and to continuously develop in their business assignments.
Inspire and Clarify
- Communicating; informing, influencing and actively listening. Responding in an honest and straightforward way to inspire, motivate and convey the vision. And,ensuring clarity in the direction, the frameworks and goals, thereby creating meaning and commitment.
Create/ Contribute to Togetherness
- Creating relationships where our assignments, competences and differences strengthen each other.
- Establishing an atmosphere of belonging and shared values to be able to say “we” as one IKEA.
Find Better Ways
- Creating a working environment where we use common sense, ask “why?” and challenge the established. Developing new ideas, and daring to do things differently – while embracing the good examples, and thereby finding – and sustaining – better ways of working.
- Creating a direction, planning, managing and coaching co-workers in understanding the why, moving from knowing to doing thereby reaching the full potential of the change we aim for.
RECOMMENDED KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
- Brand Attributes
- Tenant Satisfaction Index
- Customer Satisfaction Index
- People Function Review
- VOICE and leadership profile
- Co-workers turnover
- Training man-hour
- Main Action
- Staff Cost
- Budget forecast/IR2 Management
- Total Income
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in HR function, especially recruitment, training and development, compensation and benefits.
- Well versed in all local laws governing the Human Resources and workplace
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to share knowledge and learning
- Must have good networking skills
- Must be able to communicate and understand English
- Must believe in leadership and selfdevelopment
- Must have the ability to bring out the best in co-workers and to motivate and develop the co-workers.
- Must have the ability to create an environment where the company values are a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and visitors.
- Possess passion in Shopping Centre Industry.
- Ability to write, explain and communicate clearly and well.
- Pro-active, can do attitude and good problem solving skills are preferred
Kindly contact Ms Rachel at +6019-772 2619 for further details or send your resume to [ firstname.lastname@example.org ]