SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER [JOHOR]
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Software development and support of in-house Manufacturing Execution System, named “Data Acquisition System”.
• Plan, design and develop new software systems – both frontend and backend.
• Work with operation team (Production, Maintenance, Quality, Planning) to understand their needs and scope requirement for new software design, or upgrades.
• Maintain backend services – both on-premises and cloud based.
• Code optimization and refactoring.
• Ensure system is fully tested and capable to withstand erroneous inputs and usage flow.
• Function as technical expert in programming and data analysis for the local operation team.
• Supports the creation of advance production reports/dashboards in Power BI.
• Create detail documentations and training to end users of new system releases
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Main competency in .NET Framework (C#), Visual Studio.
• Experience in any SQL database.
• Experience in provisioning cloud services (Azure, AWS) is preferred.
• Familiar with RESTful API and data exchange format such as JSON.
• Familiar with version control system such as Git.
• Familiar with project and task management tools such as Jira/Confluence.
• Able to design dynamic and error-proofing GUI.
• Experience working in a high-tech manufacturing environment that employs MES or any electronic data acquisition system is highly preferred.
• Good overall knowledge in manufacturing process and performance metrics.
• Good analytical skill – generating SPC, OEE, data aggregation.
Education and/or Experience
• BSc/MSc in Computer Science / Computer Engineering.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working on software development.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English language verbally and in writing.
• Advance proficiency in Microsoft 365 Apps.
• Knowledge in network infrastructure, managing cloud services, virtual machines, and web servers.
• The Manufacturing Engineering team interfaces with internal customers, mainly the Operation team, who expects high level of support to sustain daily operation.
• Strong collaboration skill is required to ensure projects and support activities are communicated appropriately.
• Office environment.
• Normal working hours.
• Employee works secondary in a manufacturing environment, within a well-ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
• Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
• Travel and fieldwork including international travel, therefore employee must possess or can acquire a valid passport.
• Must be legally eligible to work the country you are hired.
[Kindly contact the following consultant at +60 19-785 1503 for further details or send your resume to Mr Hanafi [ email@example.com ]