HEALTH, SAFETY, ENVIRONMENT -ASSITANT MANAGER [ Green Book ]
This is a key position of the Site Team in the Health Safety & Environment area of expertise. The primary objective of the role is to protect and enhance the safety of our employees, fostering a culture of caring where safety, health and environment are ingrained as a core value.
The position ensures compliance of all HSE aspects of the sites being managed.
General Summary of Duties:
The position holder is responsible for the design, implementation, communication and coordination of all environmental, health, and safety programs for IFFCO Malaysia.
This position may be required to coordinate with consultants, contractors and third party specialists and government authorities.
Other Relevant Information:
This position is based out of Malaysia and the position holder will be responsible for IFFCO Malaysia safety operations.
Driving license and own vehicle preferred.
The position reports directly to GM and Group Safety Head in UAE. The position holder needs to work very closely with Group Safety Head for all safety implementation, communication and reporting matters.
In addition to overall input to corporate and site safety, health and environment initiatives, strategies, programs and procedures, responsibilities include supporting factory and warehouse via hands on counsel, supervision, assessment and implementation of:
- HSE Culture – leads/fosters/develops a caring culture where safety, health and environment are ingrained as a core value with all employees, everyone believes zero is achievable, everyone is actively engaged in performing their work in a safe manner, and everyone actively interacts with co-workers to prevent at-risk behaviors. Actively participates on site team and effectively leads, coaches and develops operations line supervision to be effective HSE leaders/coaches in their respective positions.
- HSE Performance – Partners with site team to develop site HSE key priorities, in line with the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to drive HSE performance improvement. Ensures these are aligned with Corporate Strategies, Programs and Plans.
- Compliance – Ensure site maintains continuous “audit ready” state of compliance with company HSE policies and procedures as well as all applicable external regulatory requirements. Responsible to create and ensure implementation of necessary systems, processes and procedures, including management of change.
- HSE Strategies, Programs and Plans – Develops HSE programs, systems and processes, including training and coaching to establish clear procedures on HSE measures and precautions. Drives key effective initiatives, strategies, programs and procedures, responsibilities via hands on leadership, coaching and team work.
- Risk Assessment and Elimination – Leads the effective implementation and utilization of risk assessment and risk prediction processes in the site to ensure these are effective at identifying and mitigating hazards and effectively communicated/ understood by all affected employees. Ensures investigation of all HSE related incidents to drive to root cause and identify actions to prevent recurrence. Ensures all actions to prevent recurrence are effectively implemented.
- Ensures effective injury case management process is fully implemented, well understood and functioning as desired.
- HSE Capability Building – Develops site HSE talent through active support, coaching and feedback with the goal of developing talent that can move on to more challenging positions. Leads development of HSE capabilities of all employees and contractors through effective content development and delivery of site HSE training that ensures comprehension. Develops and maintains effective HSE communication processes to promote HSE awareness regarding performance trends and key concepts/initiatives.
- Liaison and technical expertise support – Provides technical expertise/coaching as needed in all areas and initiatives of the function. Partners with other key functions on initiatives including production, quality, supply chain, HR, Maintenance, R&D etc. to deliver on goals and plans.
Position holder SHALL perform many of the following tasks:
• Overseeing safety of people and assets.
• Reviewing accident reports.
• Applying safety procedures.
• Ensuring local and federal safety laws are being observed.
• Determining unsafe conditions.
GM provides direct leadership, guidance and coaching. Additionally, incumbent must have the tact and technical, strategic, communications and motivational managerial skills to achieve desired results from those with whom an “authority” relationship would be ambiguous. Indirect guidance and coaching is received by Group Safety. Independent direction on initiative work is achieved through a thorough understanding of the role and its place within the organization. This implies an understanding of the corporate and department policies and procedures as well as an ability and desire to be self-motivated and “think outside the box.”
Through programs resulting in behavior improvements and injury, position has the ability to impact long-term reduction in current annual costs with HSE components.
Requirements and minimum education level:
- Full time Engineering Degree
- NEBOSH IGC (Desirable).
- Safety, Health & Environment Green Book Holder ( Mandatory)
- Internal Auditors course in ISO 45001 and 14001
- Other professional certifications in HSE related fields
- Minimum 7-8 years’ manufacturing experience in HSE roles.
- Experience in Oleo/ Chemicals background.
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision and have strong demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and self-initiative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong cross-functional teams capable of delivering desired results.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and influence across a diverse range of people from Corporate /Division leadership to a factory floor associate.
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically and quickly transition between the two.
- Good technical understanding of HSE issues and their relationship to production/engineering and job functions as it relates to building in prevention.
- Strong demonstrated verbal / written communications, analytical and problem solving skills. Must be detailed and results oriented.
- Ability to communicate complex regulatory and technical issues in lay terms.
- Ability to achieve results through dotted line situations
- Proficiency with Windows based applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to master other specialized software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that will be faced by an employee in order to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle/feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Required to climb or balance and stoop or kneel.
- May be required to lift or move up 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The position requires frequently walk of the operational areas, climb ladders, climb stairs and walk on uneven ground and spend a significant amount of their time at the company operational / production areas
Kindly contact the following consultant at +60 19-785 1503 for further details or send your resume to Mr Hanafi [ email@example.com ]