PLANNING MANAGER [ MANUFACTURER / ISKANDAR PUTERI ]
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The Planning Manager will be responsible for the planning and management of all functions related to the order intake and develop strategies to achieve optimal utilization of resources and to enhance existing production capabilities in terms of manpower, equipment, facilities and technologies cost-effectively with the objective of increasing productivity level to meet customer request.
Accountable for following KPis
• Schedule Adherence
• OTTR, OTTP
• Inventory Turnover
• Overdue order
• Logistics costs as % of sales
• Order lead-times (purchase and delivery)
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Strategize, lead and accountability for the development of the factory Master Production Schedule. This schedule assures management of on-time delivery while optimizing production resources and inventory levels.
• Strategize and lead in developing the best practice techniques to model material and factory capacity constraints and work closely with material, procurement and manufacturing to meet customer request dates.
• Work closely with Material Manager to strategize the factory materials planning processes including vendor material forecast generation processes.
• Strategize and synchronize, in collaboration with the global function to define and implement procedures, policies and documentation to support the continuous improvement in the factory production control and materials planning systems functions in the Sales Inventory Operations Planning process.
• Lead planning team to prepare ad-hoc, weekly, monthly, quarterly factory operations and capacity planning proposals as part of the global Sales Inventory Operation Planning processes, and ensure accuracy and timely submission to facilitate Management decision-making
• Plan, develop and consolidate supply plan budget based on inputs from SiOP process to formalize COMPANY site budget in order to facilitate Management decision-making.
• Analyze and review the site supply plan against the approved budget to keep track accuracy supply plan as well as to develop / provide relevant data for Management review and decision-making.
• Act as a focal point in collaboration with COMPANY's HR representative with regards to Performance Planning Appraisal (PPA), promotion / upgrading and Divisional manpower placement
Act as COMPANY resource person in global improvement initiatives on SiOP process. To cascade, lead and manage site involvement in global initiatives.
• Develop and maintain networking and relationship-building with Sales organization and Integrated Business Planning organization to gather relevant information on demand plan, strat plan, capabilities, standards and product development in order to propose diversification opportunities to enhance COMPANY’s capability and competitive edge.
• Promote and maintain a healthy and conducive work culture in site Planning Department that encourages cohesiveness and commitment among staff in order to support the development of a global championship mindset to enhance SDM corporate image and branding.
• Provide leadership, direction and guidance to motivate and nurture potential qualified leaders in site Planning Department for breakthrough performance to take SDM to greater heights.
• Support and Participate in programs and projects such as Continuous Improvement, Kaizen etc.
• Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
• Comply with all applicable logistic trade compliance and security regulations.
• Other duties as required.
• BS or MS required in Engineering or Science discipline. Professional certification (APICS, PMAC, CIPS, etc.) an advantage
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in advanced planning, logistics and trade compliance methods within an advanced equipment manufacturing or re-manufacturing organization.
• Demonstrable experience of the management of a factory planning, logistics and trade compliance function and evidence of the delivery of measurable improvement in performance.
• Well-developed computer skills with high competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite. Well-developed analytical skills with the experience of presenting complex logistics problems in a coherent and structured manner.
• Demonstrable experience of the implementation and management of advanced factory planning and inventory management methods.
• Experience of operating with a lean factory environment.
• Experience of and well developed methodology in the management transformation projects or programs within a complex organizational structure.
• Well-developed understanding of SAP and with specific detailed implementation, change and operation of the SD and MM modules.
• The ability to persistently pursue and achieve results. To look for process improvement and to embrace process change in order to drive the business forward. Actively create plans in order to hit or exceed targets.
• The ability and experience necessary to make good judgment in an increasingly complex business by sourcing and analyzing information from within the business and from industry. Demonstrates an understanding of the implications their decisions have on the regional and global supply chain and other processes within the business.
• The ability to inspire others to act toward a common objective. The willingness to challenge others whilst considering their viewpoint and adapting their style to truly bring people with them.
• The ability to clearly articulate goals for people to follow and effectively lead and manage the performance.
Kindly contact the following consultant at 07-2305453 for further details or send your resume to Talent Resource Unit [ email@example.com ] / Ms Suziana [ firstname.lastname@example.org ]