VICE PRESIDENT, LEGAL [ ISKANDAR PUTERI ]
OVERALL JOB SCOPE / JOB PURPOSE
- To provide legal advisory services to all departments and divisions as well as the Company.
- To assist in the vetting, negotiating and drafting of all agreements with prospective parties.
- To administer the inventory of all legal documentation and correspondence.
- To liaise with the Company’s solicitors on legal matters, where applicable
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides legal support services, and guidance to the organization (including involvement in negotiation) and review, draft and vet legal documents in the following areas of law:
- Land matters
- Construction contracts
- All operational matters
- HR, IR Matters
- Zone Infra Obligations/MCLDAs
- Dispute Resolutions (Litigation, Arbitration)
- All LOAS
- Assist in managing legal risk in the Company as follows:
- For PCA: Review and provide legal advice on tender documents e.g. RFP, Notice of Acceptance and other contract documents
- Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action to be taken.
- Provide legal protection and advice to on contract management.
3. Liaise with external solicitors on legal matters which are outsourced
4. Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers
5.Ensures efficiency in delivery of legal services
6. Conduct legal research and to keep abreast of applicable laws relating to the Group’s operations and advise on the impact of such changes on operations