R&D MANAGER [ MANUFACTURER / PASIR GUDANG ]
The R&D Manager is responsible for whole Research and Development department including Process and Product development, Working Environment and People Management within R&D Department at CLIENT COMPANY
This means responsibility for;
- Working environment
- Leading, coaching and development of department employees
- New Product development
- Existing Product improvement
- Project Management
- Production support
- Customer Product-, Specification- and Quality support
- Member in the local Management team within CLIENT COMPANY
That includes full responsibility for :-
1. Working environment in own department by;
• Driving Work environment improvements by performing Risk assessments and Safety committee decide for Corrective actions and make sure Corrective action is being implemented.
• Being responsible for reporting Safety issues as Accidents, Incidents and Risk observations in own R&D area and together with Safety Committee decide for Corrective actions and ensure Corrective Action is being implemented.
• Ensures own employees in R&D department being constantly trained in, knows and follows both local and external Safety rules and legislations to enable a safe and healthy working environment.
• Use 5S Continuous improvement principle to improve processes and work areas.
2. Breaking down strategical targets, actions and KPIs from Group-, Country- or Local level in own department by;
• Creating department targets, actions and KPIs and make sure whole team is well informed and working against same goal.
• Make follow up on result and make sure Corrective action is taken when result is not reached.
3. People development in own department by;
• Having individual Appraisals and Coaching talks for each employee
• Making competence planning and ensuring each employee gets the agreed development as decided in Appraisal talk.
• Make continuous follow up on individual targets and achievements for each employee and take counter actions if result is not reached
• Perform evaluation on result and achievement for each employee to be used in yearly Salary review.
4. Development and innovations related to Products manufactured within CLIENT COMPANY.
• Being the collector of requests of both new products- and improvements in existing products from Sales department, Product Management Team or other Departments.
• Together with Group Director for IW and Product Management Team decide what New development Projects to run.
• Together with own R&D team perform project planning (Scope, objective, resource and time management) to meet request from internal and external customers.
• Take responsibility for information to internal and external Customers about Project time plan and expected delivery.
• Take responsibility for all projects within own department and make sure projects have dedicated resources, follows budget plan and is delivered on time to internal or external customers.
• Together with own R&D team work with development of new products including validation of new raw materials and new properties, coordinating the search for alternative raw materials and co-operation with Purchase department.
• Together with Purchasing department and Environmental Coordinator work with phasing in and out raw material on the prohibited or restricted list.
• Initiate Customer modifications & adjustment of current products and technical support to salesmen including joint customer visits and line trials with sales.
5. Being the contact for both Internal and External Customer Support by;
• Receive and coordinate claims from Country complaint team and ensure there is a dedicated resource within department who will investigate root cause, come up with a counter measure, make sure problem is eliminated and finally make sure an answer to External customer is given.
• Receive and coordinate problems from Production & QC laboratory and ensure there is a dedicated resource within department who will support them with competence and troubleshooting when a problem arises.
• Coordinate and ensure there is a dedicated resource within department who will support Production and QC-laboratory during Zero-series startup of a new product.
• Participate in Global R&D meetings
• Responsible for the whole teams reporting of projects, ensuring standard reporting model, with valid facts and validations
• Responsible for creating and maintaining department documentation and process descriptions
• Supporting QC-laboratory in creating standardized quality control methods and guidelines
• Supporting Sales department with needed Technical specifications and documentation; Product data sheets, participating in the production of brochures and leaflets
• Coordinating the maintenance and purchases of laboratory equipment.
• Perform Monthly reporting to MD and R&D Global Management.
Kindly contact the following consultant at 07-2305453 for further details or send your resume to Mr Hanafi [ firstname.lastname@example.org ]