TECHNICAL SALES MANAGER [ JOHOR BAHRU, JOHOR ]
• Responsible for achieving and exceeding sales targets assigned including achieving margin and thus maximising profit.
• Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
• Researches sources for identifying prospective customers to establish whether they are of interest as potential customers and to follow up leads accordingly.
• Negotiate and close contracts including complex and high value contracts in line with agreed authority levels as required and provide support to other team members to do the same.
• Preparing tenders, proposals and quotations.
• Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships, which will include customer visits and at the same time maintain a consistent corporate image.
• Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives and help them find solutions to meet those objectives.
• Ensure excellent customer service is provided to our customers and that any issues are dealt with in a timely manner i.e. Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
• Responsible for maintaining existing customer base within defined territory by regular customer visits and to identify new opportunism within existing customer base.
• Responsible for identifying and securing new customers within territory.
• Where potential sales opportunities are not converted to orders – assist in reviewing reasons for failure to convert and help put in place corrective actions to secure future sales.
• Manage key accounts that have been assigned which will include regular customer visits.
• Maximise new business development opportunities ensuring that any new business leads identified are reported to management and other internal departments as appropriate e.g. Research & Development.
• Contribute to the innovation of new initiatives and Business Improvement Processes.
• Proactively communicate with internal departments to ensure sales activity and outputs are aligned to all areas of the business e.g. production capability, prompt invoicing, marketing activity, quality assurance, customer requests and feedback.
• Promote existing and new company products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
• To provide technical support to customers as required i.e. technical demonstrations with the assistance of technical services where required.
• Ensures the capability of distributors in the regions, by providing the assistance and advice necessary for the sale of company products and services (through training, seminars, demos).
• Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
• Report any financial concerns of customer base to company Finance Department to help minimise any credit risks.
• Reviews and approves customer purchase orders for consistency with agreed to terms.
• Ensure the CRM system is fully utilised and kept up to date with all sales activity.
• Represent the business at conferences, trade fairs and networking events.
• Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly sales activity.
• Attend local and regional meetings as required and present and report on sales activity.
• Provides reporting on the sales activity, pipeline and opportunities along with issues and resolution in quarterly sales meetings.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Participate in all identified training and development activity including the Sales Academy.
• Mentor and support less experienced team members within the sales team.
• Degree or recognised qualification in welding engineering, metallurgy or previous relevant experience gained in commercial/sales areas within the welding industry.
• Proven experience in the Welding Industry within a sales environment.
• Experience of coaching and mentoring sales personnel would be an advantage.
• Strong technical background.
• Comprehensive understanding of financial processes relating to account management including margin management and contribution model management.
• Excellent knowledge of the company portfolio as well as specific knowledge of the industries that company work within.
1) USD 2000 + 3% Sale Commission (If Indonesia Candidates (no specific areas), based in Indonesia and need to travel sometimes to Malaysia)
2) RM 6000 + 3% Sale Commission (If Malaysia Candidates, based in Welding Alloys (Far East) Sdn Bhd, Johor, Malaysia and need to travel a lot to Indonesia)
Ages: 30 yrs – 50 yrs
Kindly contact the following consultant at 07-2305453 for further details or send your resume to Mr Hanafi [ email@example.com ]