NDE LEVEL 2 TECHNICIAN [ OIL & GAS MANUFACTURER / GELANG PATAH ]
Specialisation: Manufacturing/Production Operations
Education Qualification: Bachelor Degree
Work Location : Gelang Patah, Johor
Salary Range : RM 4,000.00 – 7,000.00
Posted Date : November 12, 2019
- Ensuring Company's HSE and Quality requirements are met at all times.
- Conduct NDE inspections using approved techniques & methods of NDE to defined customer or international standards.
- Interpret customer specifications and drawings, select required UT calibration blocks, and where necessary design new UT calibration blocks for fabrication.
- Issue and sign NDE inspection reports including scan plans pertinent to the testing carried out.
- Confident, competent and creative in NDE problem-solving and communication of NDE information to colleagues in other departments.
- Raise NCRs whenever material is found not to meet the applicable NDE specification.
- Supervision of any other NDE technician(s) employed by the company.
FACTS & FIGURES
- NDE of Black Bar, Bright Bar, forgings, Semi-Finished & Finished Machined Products.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years’ experience Ultrasonic Testing preferred at PCN level 2 (or ISO 9712) in ‘Welds’ or ‘Forging/Wrought’ products. Material grades are low alloy steels, stainless steels and nickel alloys.
- Should be compliant to TFMC training specifications Q02200 Rev W and Q02201 Rev B.
- Experience working for an oil field equipment OEM is desirable.
- Knowledge of ASTM A388 and oil field equipment OEM NDE specifications is preferred.
- ASNT qualified in LPI and MPI testing is desirable.
- Crane / fork truck license is desirable.
- Good English written and verbal communication skills.
- Decision making skills, ability to work to tight deadlines, flexible and adaptable.
- Able to read, write and understand NDE specifications and procedures.
- Write reports.
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas products desirable.