SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER [ MANUFACTURER / NUSAJAYA ]
- Design mechanisms, plastic housings and components in support of new products
- Use engineering principals to develop the structural design of products incorporating mechanical and electrical subsystems to meet industrial design, marketing, and customer requirements to meet project schedules.
- Specify materials and components in designs.
- Manage multiple design projects at once. Work independently with little or no direction. Keep management informed and appraised of design. Work with other functional groups (marketing, sales, customer service, etc.) within the company to develop and evaluate designs that meet customer needs.
- Present and participate in design reviews and update designs as required.
- Develop concepts and ideas for new products or methods to improve existing products.
- Develop cost estimates based on product concepts or designs
- Develop schedules for design and product development processes
- Investigate product failures and causes of faulty operation, and make recommendations for corrective actions to resolve the issue.
- Keep appraised of the customer experience related to company products.
- Work with design and/or manufacturing partners to ensure manufacturability and smooth product ramps leading up to production.
- Perform testing of designs to prove functionality and reliability.
- Generate design specifications and drawings for external design and manufacturing activities.
- Apply statistical methods such as process capability studies and DOE’s in the development and improvement of products.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expert in the use of ProE, proficiency with Solidworks a plus
- Expert in injection molded plastics tooling best practices and process tuning.
- Familiar with sheet metal fabrication processes
- Familiar with rapid prototype techniques and processes
- Familiarity with GD&T techniques
- Effective communicator.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering
5+ Years of Experience designing consumer based products, electro-mechanical devices, medical devices or similar.
Kindly contact the following consultant at 07-2305453 for further details or send your resume to Talent Resource Unit [ email@example.com ] / Ms Eidha [ firstname.lastname@example.org ]