FINANCIAL ANALYST [ ELECTRONIC MANUFACTURER / SKUDAI ]
Specialisation: Finance – General/Cost Accounting
Education Qualification: Bachelor Degree
Work Location : Skudai, Johor
Salary Range : RM 8,000.00 – 10,000.00
Posted Date : September 23, 2019
- Serves as the primary finance support for both the Checkpoints business unit as well as the APAC sales VP for the Detection Group and the APAC service management.
- Responsible for the budget and monthly forecast for both APAC sales (across all product lines). The position will present the budget and forecast back to the Detection Director of Finance for review and approval.
- Issues monthly management reports for the Checkpoint business unit, the APAC sales VP and the APAC service manager. Will assist them in understanding their numbers as well as advising of risks and opportunities in the business.
- Produce a monthly departmental overheads report, issuing the report to the appropriate manager and responding to any queries on the data.
- Provides additional analysis to the Checkpoint business group and APAC sales to understand margins, impact of changing product mix, profitability by customer/region, and will help the business to drive improvements to costs where needed.
- In charge of the SRO process for APAC (coordinating with the factories, credit control, and SOPS in Malaysia, the UK, and the US), to ensure we are tracking revenue to completion and understand when we will be able to declare it. This will include:
- Obtain updates from the sales team on their opportunities and backlog orders on a weekly basis and incorporate comments and amendments as required.
- Incorporate updates on a daily basis from the shipping report from Malaysia.
- Distribute the SRO file at the end of each week to the various product teams (UK Checkpoints, Malaysia Checkpoints, UK Trace), Sales and Finance to input their comments in their dedicated columns for return to you by Tuesday lunchtime each week. Ensure SOs are retained in the same row in order to copy the responses into the master version of the SRO file. Consolidate their comments and shipping dates into the shipping date and comments columns.
- Include the current forecasted book & ship opportunities identified by the Sales team
- Ensure the book & ship data is accurately presented. This includes the customer name, sales person, sales region, product code, probability, country, shipping terms, payment terms, currency, equipment detail and quantity, $ amount, revenue month, shipping date, comments, risk/opportunity category, location source.
- Assists the APAC bids and proposals process, particularly from a financial modelling/review standpoint.
- Helps the Singapore office and the Malaysian office with monthly close activities surrounding revenue recognition. This position will be in charge of revenue accounting and ensuring compliance with US GAAP.
- Generate revenue memos and checklists where appropriate for large orders in the APAC region
- Works with the business heads to drive reporting and business operations improvement in the organization where requested.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Accountancy
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience in related fields
Kindly contact the following consultant at 07-2305453 for further details or send your resume to Talent Resource Unit [ firstname.lastname@example.org ]