SENIOR CHEMIST / FORMULATION AM / MANAGER [ KULAI / MANUFACTURER]
Key responsibilities and duties for this position: (must know rubber formulation)
• Lead the development of robust, stable and effective formulations to be used for in-house manufacturing and also at 3rd party manufacturers, when provided the amount of ingredients in the dosage form for existing or new product development.
• Be responsible for the quality of the scientific output from formulation and process studies to ensure products meets specifications and customer’s requirements.
• Provide expert input in to formulation and process studies to ensure projects follow the correct technical direction.
• Conduct experimental testing and evaluation of raw materials, dry blends and bulk product/Master Batch.
• Coordinate formulation and analytical resources as needed, including those provided by production/manufacturing, quality control, quality assurance, supply, regulatory affairs.
• Prepare manufacturing trial documentation for pilot / small production runs and scale-up operations in mass production mode.
• Participate in the set-up and operation of pilot scale equipment and instrumentation for the completion of small production runs.
• Research and compile raw material documentation for pre-formulation assessment to ensure compliance to testing specifications and regulatory requirements, for new products and existing products whereby and new material is sourced.
• Work with sales, procurement and engineering team to select materials (excipients/medicinal ingredients) which meet financial goals and contribute to cost saving initiatives. Recommend ingredients / processes which will improve manufacturing efficiencies.
• Participate and co-lead in investigations into product failure including quality, potency, visual characteristics and other. Ensure involvement in all trouble-shooting activities.
• Develop/review Raw Material and Finished Product Specifications, in collaboration with Program Development Manager, Engineering Managers, Production Managers and Quality Assurance/Quality Control Department.
• Initiate stability testing (accelerated/on-going) of new products and review/report results in collaboration with Program Development Manager, Production Managers, Engineering Managers and Quality Assurance/ Quality Control Department.
• Coordinate with Program Development, Operations, QC/QA and Procurement Departments to ensure that projects are planned and executed in a timely manner.
• Report on adherence to schedule and trial status on a weekly basis to Head of Engineering.
• Write product development reports and analyse results weekly/monthly basis.
Job Related Skills:
• Ability to communicate with multiple departments within the organizations
• Strong ability to coordinate multiple projects and priorities and work well under time constraints.
• Technical ability to work closely with manufacturing personnel and trouble-shoot as required.
Specific Skills and/or Competencies:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with
multiple levels within the organization.
• Must be flexible, a strong team player, excellent attention to detail and
have a hands-on approach.
• Ability to prioritize, organize work load and manage time successfully
• Ability to problem-solve and resolve conflict
• Creativity & innovation
• Analytical skills – identify opportunities & leverage synergies
Kindly contact the following consultant at 07-2305453 for further details or send your resume to Talent Resource Unit [ firstname.lastname@example.org ] / Mr Hanafi [ email@example.com ]