OPERATIONS MANAGER [PASIR GUDANG]
The Operations Manager reports to the Strategic Business & Operations Manager and Senior Management team based in Singapore and is responsible to lead and manage the overall activities of the Operations department, including operational planning, utilization of available resources and manpower, setting of short and long term plans and objectives for departments and individuals in order to meet the Company’s goals. The Operations Manager is required to meet internal and external customer expectations, perform budgetary control, and improve business operations efficiency in compliance with established internal work procedures and safety regulations. The Operations Manager also oversee the overall operations of the Malaysia facility.
1. Plan, direct and monitor all production activities within an assigned area or unit to maximize the use of the organization’s resources and meet established production specifications and schedules, volume, cost and wastage targets, and quality standards.
2. Operational planning, organizing and controlling of all operations-related activities.
3. Ensure all operations personnel comply with local and/or international safety regulations and established internal work procedures.
4. Review the operations of plant equipment and systems constantly to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solving problems in a timely manner and to identify opportunities for improvements.
5. Monitor, report, develop and implement improvement programs such as on time delivery, productivity, operating cost/expenses, inventory, safety performance, customer complaints and overtime expenses.
6. Lead a team of experienced supervisors to maximize productivity through effective management, use of innovative techniques and customer service strategies to achieve high standard of service delivery and customer satisfaction.
7. Responsibility for the performance of direct reports (namely senior/supervisors of each division)
8. Work with various departments to improve process, performance and management efficiency to achieve business goals.
9. Act as a change agent to drive changes and continuous improvements to bring the organization to world class standards.
10. Uphold the organization’s safety/environmental programs to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment.
11. Identify personnel training requirements to achieve effective competencies for various positions.
12. Work with the Safety Supervisor to establish, analyze and ensure safe working conditions in the facility.
13. Travel when necessary to the Singapore Headquarters (located at Tuas) for meetings/reporting to senior management team.
1. Educational Qualification and Experience:
Recognized degree in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent
3 – 4 years’ experience in managerial capacity in steel or heavy equipment manufacturing plant, preferably with knowledge of marine or offshore industry;
Experience in budgetary planning, project and operations management
Background in business management
2. Skills and Abilities
Strong leadership, planning, organizing, troubleshooting and management skills
Meticulous and independent individual with motivational skills
Good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
Strong command of spoken and written English and Mandarin
Preferably conversant in Bahasa Malaysia
Kindly contact the Mr Hanafi at +60 19-785 1503 for further details or send your resume to [ email@example.com ]