BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB FUNCTION:
The incumbent will represent the Contractor and perform site engineering duties not limited to overseeing technical, commercial and scheduling of appointed civil / structural Sub-Contractors. The incumbent will be responsible for Sub-Contractor technical queries, site design aspects and assist with record keeping of the Sub-Contractors works. This will include earthworks, piling, founding conditions, reinforced concrete, drainage, buried services, structural steel and cladding
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelors degree in the field of civil engineering
- Minimum of 3years previous experience in either design consultancy, construction site or preferably both
- Knowledge required:
- Must speak, read and write in English, Malaysian and preferably Chinese
- Must understand technical principles of earthworks, including geology, cut & fill procedures, compaction and consolidation
- Must understand principles of precast driven piling, pile testing, founding conditions
- Must understand technical principles of reinforced concrete, reading and interpreting reinforced concrete drawings, formwork, concrete casting and repair of concrete defects
- Must understand principles of structural steel framing design and construction including adherence to specifications and drawings
- Srong leadership abilities and experience in managing projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and be team palyer.
- Attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to read and understand and technical drawings, schedules and calculations
- Advanced computer skills
- Experience with diagnostic and quality measuring tools
- Ability to work in industrial setting which includes walking, climbing, and wearing appropriate safety gear.
- Computer – aided design (CAD) experience
- Invoved in the design, specification, and excetution of projects.
- Use expertise to evaluate construction projects and determine the best engineering method or practice to accomplish the job.
- Establish an estimated cost and what tools and technologies are appropriate for the job as well as a timeframe for the work to be completed.
- Manage and maintain accurate field notes and maintain flow of technical information and prepare comprehensive assessment reports for civil & strcutrual works
- Ensure staff are propelly trained in the use of all equipment, and all staff have access to and safety gear and that the team is reaching required milestones.
- Evaluate technical issues and provide appropriate solutions.
- Supervise all activities of project and ensures compliance to all plans and specifications and identify all errors in plans and ensure optimal working of personnel
- Resolve all Client questions within required timeframe and provide assistance to client and monitor all proactive activities
- Ensures projects adhere to all government and industy standards and guidelines including the project specifications.
- Ensures special permits or records are obtained and paperwork is recoded and sored properly
Perfome regular evaluation on all observance trends and prepare all preventative maintenance on all parts and coordinate with customers for all operation groups
Other involvement in the project, but not limited to:
Earth works (earth works done to drawing and specifications)
Civil and structural
QA and QC
QCP’s correct and utised
Check and resolve drawing discrepancies
Check Method statements and risk assessment
Civil works done to drawings and specifications