SAFETY AND HEALTH OFFICER. (SHO) [ GREEN BOOK ]
Specialisation: Engineering – Civil/Construction/Structural
Education Qualification: Bachelor Degree
Post Graduate Diploma
Post Graduate Diploma
Work Location : Pasir Gudang, Johor
Salary Range : RM 9,000.00 – 10,000.00
Posted Date : July 09, 2018
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB FUNCTION:
Assist the Project SHE manager to implement and maintain the SHE management system.
- QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES:
- High School diploma.
- SHE management qualification .
- Valid “green book”.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- At least 3 years experience in SHE management.
- At least three years experience in a construction work-environment.
- Sound knowledge of SHE systems administration.
- Knowledge required:
- Extensive knowledge of the local OSH Act and all relevant regulations
- SHE procedures
Competencies & Skills:
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to communicate in English, and the most common local language.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Ability to organise and prioritise work.
- Ability to work independently.
- Professional demeanour and approach to work.
- Time management (must be able to work to deadlines).
- Must be willing to work extended hours if required to do so.
DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to…)
- Assist with the implementation and maintaining of the SHE management system at the project.
- Attend SHE meetings and act as secretary for these meetings.
- Helping the contractors to get their SHE file/s and SHE management system in alignment with the SHE specifications and SHE management plan and SHE specifications.
- Daily site inspections to point out deviations to contractors, and to ensure compliance with the SHE specifications.
- Spot checks such as:
- Checking that all contractors’ employees are inducted.
- Check that SMI boards are up to date, and relevant.
- Checking that all equipment checks are done daily, weekly and monthly.
- Ensuring all registers and logs are up to date.
- Ensuring that daily safe task instructions are communicated.
- Ensuring that planned task observations are done.
- Ensuring that all SMI (Safety Management Information) boards are up to standard.
- Ensuring all permits are valid and up to date.
- Inspections of equipment, PPE, tools, facilities, etc.
- Checking that RA’s are communicated.
- Checking that DSTI’s are done, and are done correctly and communicated.
- Communicating SHE issues to the different contractors’ SHE supervisors.
- Writing of SHE deviation reports, and communicating these deviations to the contractors.
- Follow up on deviations reported and actions taken.
- Assisting (where necessary) contractors with the writing of method statements and risk assessments.
- Inspecting of contractors’ facilities to ensure compliance with the OSH act and regulations.
- Assisting (where necessary) contractors and the SHE Officer with incident investigations.
- Conducting SHE audits on the contractors’ SHE management programs.
- Attend the daily and monthly site safety meetings, and give input as / if required.
- Communicate changes in SHE specifications to the contractors (if relevant)
- Identify unsafe acts, conditions, and hazards on site and report such findings to the contractors, SHE Manager and project Construction Manager.
- Any other lawful instructions from the Project Construction Manager or the Project SHE Manager.
- Schedule and facilitate Emergency Preparedness drills.
- Assist with translations between Metix and contractors.
- Carry out incident investigations.
- Report on findings.