FACILITIES MANAGER [ SHOPPING CENTRE ]
PURPOSE OF FUNCTION
The overall aim of this position is to lead and support your Maintenance Team to provide a
safe environment, functional clean and well managed store to desirable level for coworkers,
visitors and customers in order to strengthen The Centre's position as the best
shopping centre in our local market.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The main purpose of this position is to use your functional and technical expertise to
manage the built asset, both building facilities and the store in order to create an
environment that strongly support the core business of our shopping centre.
Reporting to Centre Manager/Assistant Centre Manager, the Maintenance Manager is responsible
- Management of the facility operations, energy consumption, maintenance of the facilities infrastructure, buildings, with the aim of being operationally efficient.
- Shared responsibility for business results, goals, defining and applying life cycle within all functional work processes, especially in annual budgeting.
- Develop long and short term operations maintenance plans, and be responsible for preparation of the budget for the building, its facilities and the store operations.
- Work together with the centre operations to plan, develop and execute programme on a continuous basis to ensure the improvement of the store and the building
- Plan, organize and execute maintenance repairs, minor installation and replacement to ensure smooth running of the operations
- Ensure that maintenance of facilities and buildings are in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Implement preventive maintenance and repair schedules for the roof, building façade, road drainage system, all facilities and buildings
- Liaise and arrange defects rectification with consultant, relevant service providers and/or contractors
- Investigate, and take corrective actions to overcome technical problems. Develop and implement solutions, trouble shoot on day to day operational problems of facilities and building.
- Carry out preventative maintenance of all MEP facilities including a strong
monitoring regime of condition based maintenance to schedule planned repairs
and timely part replacement to ensure the smooth functioning of the plant,
equipment and all installations.
- Ensure the periodic maintenance works is carried out satisfactorily according to
the service contract and as scheduled.
- Up-keep and maintenance of the roof premises including roof/service road
drainage system, periodic inspection of the roof waterproofing, structure &
- Assure the reliability and cost effective operations of various facilities whilst
controlling the built up of the maintenance cost.
- Actively engage with stakeholders in fire prevention, safety and security. Take the
lead in the Sec Check /GRM compliance process and work through practical ways
with Head of Facilities as well as the Risk Manager/s to comply and meet the
- Liaise with relevant government authorities and agencies on all store licensing,
building by laws, on utilities, safety, health and environment issues including
waste removal of restaurant to ensure compliance with statutory regulations
- To ensure that all legal requirements and Ikano/IKEA International standards rules and regulations are adhered to.
Develop the Business and Deliver Results
Focusing on and understanding the customers and their life at home, seeing the big picture as well as
the details – both today and tomorrow. Making strategic choices and operational decisions to develop
and drive our business to achieve the best possible results – with low cost and simplicity in mind.
Lead and Develop People
Leading, managing and coaching co-workers, recognising competence and potential, empowering coworkers
to perform to the best of their abilities, and to continuously develop in their business
Inspire and Clarify
Communicating; informing, influencing and actively listening. Responding in an honest and
straightforward way to inspire, motivate and convey the vision. And, ensuring clarity in the direction,
the frameworks and goals, thereby creating meaning and commitment.
Creating relationships where our assignments, competences and differences strengthen each other.
Establishing an atmosphere of belonging and shared values to be able to say “we” as one Ikano/IKEA.
Find Better Ways
Creating a working environment where we use common sense, ask “why?” and challenge the
established. Developing new ideas, and daring to do things differently – while embracing the good
examples, and thereby finding – and sustaining – better ways of working.
Creating a direction, planning, managing and coaching co-workers in understanding the why, moving
from knowing to doing thereby reaching the full potential of the change we aim for.
- Minimum of 3-5 years supervisory/management experience in facilities management / maintenance
management/ building operations maintenance
- Hands on knowledge in handling all technical aspects of building and facilities
- Knowledge in tendering of works and getting proper quotations for work to be carried out.
- Well versed in all local laws governing the building management
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to share knowledge and learning
- Must have highly developed networking skills
- Must be able to communicate and understand English
- Must have proven leadership abilities and lead by example
- Must have the ability to bring out the best in co-workers and to motivate and develop the co-worker.
- Must have the ability to create an environment where the Ikano/IKEA values are a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of c-workers and visitors.
- Preferably technical or engineering diploma / degree.
- Candidate with some project management experience has an advantage.
- Ability to write report and communicate clearly business and technical concept is advantageous
- Pro-active, can do attitude and problem solving skills are preferred
For further details kindly contact Ms Rachel at 012-6985453 / 07-230 5453 ext 26 or forward your resume to [ firstname.lastname@example.org ]